General Meeting of the Villages Woodshop Club
November 13, 2018
Laurel Manor Recreation Center
Meeting called to order at 7:00PM
Mike Borfitz, President, led the pledge of allegiance followed by a moment of silence.
Introduction of new members and guests: – New members and visitors were welcomed and asked to introduce and tell a little about themselves.
· The Sumter Landing Community Development District Board has accepted the land for the second workshop. We are awaiting the official site plan in order to begin dialog with the architect.
· Our membership now stands at 944 members.
· Christmas Raffle and Party – Ron Badami has come up with a better way to award the Christmas raffle items. Should be a good time for all.
· Christmas Trees – Sandy Fuller and Julie Sullivan are creating the Special Olympic tree as well as a tree that will be displayed in the Baker House.
· Pens for the Troops – 765 pens made to date.
· BOD will be approving the new budget for next year.
· Glenn Croteau - Maintenance wants to point out that the shop opens at 8:00 AM. Please do not come in before 8:00 as the maintenance setup team needs time to get the shop in order.
· Rack wood sheet material must be marked and dated.
· No wood with bark on it can be left in the shop.
Open floor to questions:
· Steve Yovan held a drawing for 3 turkeys which were presented to the shop because of lumber sales.
Show and tell –
· Rick Peirce presented an end table.
· Ray Roberts presented several Vortex Vases he turned.
· Charlie Murrray presented a jewelry box decorated with colored pencils.
· Tom Miller presented an engraved acrylic sign and decanter which was produced on the laser printer; In addition, Tom presented various ring master bowls.
· Robert Rutkowski presented several clothing valets he made.
50/50 Drawing: The club took in $150 and retained $95.00. Prizes were - $20, $20, $20 and $15.
Meeting adjourned at 8:25 PM