General Meeting of the Villages Woodshop Club
July 10, 2018
Laurel Manor Recreation Center
Meeting called to order at 7:00PM
Mike Borfitz, President, led the pledge of allegiance with a moment of silence and an offering of prayers and thought for those in our club membership and their families
Introduction of new members and guests: – New members and visitors were welcomed and asked to introduce and tell a little about themselves.
· AT the end of July, the BOD voted to increase the membership by 20. This will bring the total membership to 911. Interest in joining the shop remains strong as we have a waiting list of 160 people.
· The VWC has agreed to pay for the equipment required to outfit the second workshop. The Villages has offered us a long-term loan at a low interest rate.
· We have lots of volunteers to work on the 16 subcommittees which have been formed to run the new shop.
· Bob Behrens would like anyone interested in building furniture for the new shop to contact him.
· Julie Sullivan is looking for donations to go into baskets for the Raffle at Saint Timothy’s Church.
· Pat Jones manager of Rockwood Woodworking Store in Altamont Springs, Florida. Wanted to make us aware of the fact that you will get a 10% discount on all regular priced items plus every twenty purchases by club members the store will donate a $20 gift certificate to the club. If you order over the phone you will get free shipping.
· Raymond (Skip) Banks and Steve Yovan demonstrated a Pento Router. They demonstrated its ability by making a hole-in-one golf ball holder.
Open floor to questions:
· The different board members answered questions.
· The members voted to suspend the August General Meeting.
Show and tell –
· Glenn Croteau presented a table he made on the Pento Router.
· Lowell Sunderman showed a few things that were made on the CNC Machine.
50/50 Drawing: The club took in $114 and retained $64.00. Prizes were - $20, $15, $15 and $14. Hans donated his winnings back to the club. The Rockwood Woodworking Store gave 2 $20 gift certificates. Two Golf Ball holders where raffled off.
Meeting adjourned at 8:05 PM